Aso Villa Shooting: President Buhari Orders Probe

Aso-villa-shooting

President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered a probe into alleged security breach inside the Presidential Villa.

This was made known in a statement by the President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Public, malam Garba Shehu, on Sunday.

There had been reports of gunshots and a breach of security within the Presidential Villa recently.

The situation was said to have been as a result of a squabble among family members and officials of the Presidency.

The statement noted that some staff and occupants of the State House have been arrested in relation to the incident by the police.

READ  South Africa Bans Doggy Style During Sex

The statement read in part, ”This is to assure all and everyone that the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Muhammadu Buhari, is not, and was not at any time in any form of danger arising, either from deadly infections or the reported incident by security personnel which is currently under investigation.

READ  Professor Aderinto: How Nigeria Laid Foundation For Insecurity

”This particular incident happened outside the main residence of the President.

”Armed guards and other security personnel assigned to the State House receive the necessary training of especially weapons handling and where they come short, their relevant agencies have their rules and regulations to immediately address them.

”Having authorised the proper investigation to be carried out into this unfortunate incident by the Police, the President has acted in compliance with the rule of law.

READ  Man Explains The Controversial Words On A Bus Meant For Evangelism

”That a minor occurrence is being used by some critics to justify attacks on the government and the person of President Muhammadu Buhari beggars belief.

”In this particular instance, the President says the law should be allowed to take its course.”

Next
Previous

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.